Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vintage Fashion-Vintage Wedding Gowns

I'll be honest, I never was a bridezilla. However, every bride wants to stand out and be pretty on her special day. If you use a vintage wedding dress, it will be unique. There are also so many styles and time periods to choose from, you're sure to find something you like. The cost is often less than some brand new dresses, which is an added bonus. I've found three different styles on Etsy on Zibbet to use as examples.

This one is for sale by TheWitcheryVintage on Etsy. According to the information it dates from the 30s/40s, and has the elegance you see from that time period.

This is a wedding dress from the 70s by posypower on Etsy. It would be lovely for a wedding in nature.


This is a stunning vintage beaded wedding gown by Artemis53 on Zibbet. Almost makes me want to get married again, but to the same guy of course.

9 comments:

Estylo Jewelry said...

Nice dresses! They used to be so conservative. My mom's dress is the style of the first one but she married in the 70's

fabriquefantastique said...

I love old wedding dresses, can't resist buying them in thrift stores (I know several stores that have 1/2 price every month) But, they are a hard sell on etsy (or any on-line site)...but...you have given me a good idea!!!!

Jodi Ulschmid said...

I really like the third one with all the detail. It's actually a lot like the one a wore. It's fun to see all the different styles.

western wear said...

You have some ideas on where to look for your Vintage Bridal Gown?, take your time to look around. Western gowns are awesome too.

Modred Vintage said...

Thanks for your comments, I didn't know about the difficulty of selling them online. I should check out western gowns, you've given me a great idea.

Anonymous said...

They are all stunning! I so wish I would have been more creative and attached to the past when I was young.

If I were getting married today I would be all over a vintage dress. Back then I got a new one from a bridal shop - yuck!

On the positive side - one day it will be vintage!

Sarah B. said...

Wow, these are fantastic! They'd go so great with an elegant or a themed wedding ;)

Portable Graffiti said...

LOL, new term for me. Bridezilla. I guess I never was a bridezilla either.

Cyber Hippie Gypsies said...

Ah so pretty! Probably lots of weddings going on right now.