Thursday, July 1, 2010

Vintage Fashion-Vintage Swimsuits

In honor of the upcoming summer weekend, I'm doing my vintage fashion a little early and focusing on the swimsuit. Any woman who has any "problem areas" doesn't relish swimsuit shopping. It seems that most of the swimsuits I come across today don't hide any of the problems. I think the 50s/60s had it right when it comes to swimsuits. They were sexy, showed a little skin, but not too much. I've pulled out three swimsuits from the time period that are unique, cover, but are still fun for summer.

This one dates from the 1960s and has boy shorts underneath. It's for sale on Etsy by 2blackbirds.


This one is from Planetclairvintage on Etsy. It dates from the 50s, and also looks like a fun dress.



Check out this Red Plaid Swimsuit for sale at Glamoursurf. It dates from the 50s as well.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are all fantastic! I have very womanly hips and I think I could be comfortable in all of these - thanks for sharing!

Have a fantastic holiday weekend!

Kawartha Beads said...

I couldn't agree with you more! I need to get myself a new swimsuit and am DREADING the prospect but these styles are adorable and practical!

fabriquefantastique said...

Mod, you have the best links. Whenever I have a neat idea you get there first! also do it better than me...LOL. Love the swimsuits.